Commercial, industrial, institutional and residential building design and project management.
For any building project, getting the right advice early on leads to the best outcome. Because our Whangarei architects have access to the full range of design and engineering expertise within our multidisciplinary team, you can be sure your building design project has been considered from every relevant angle before you begin.
Our NZIA Registered Architects take the time to understand what you want to achieve with your building design, so that we can design a solution that meets your needs. Considering what constitutes a good outcome to you, helps us set you on the right path from the start. Working in this way helps ensure the success of your project and the suitability of the finished build.
Our building design process:
Our architects take into consideration three sets of variables that will impact your building design:
- Physical requirements: The number, size and function of spaces.
- Non-physical requirements: What the building has to achieve to be a successful project, e.g. budget constraints, value for money, longevity, iconic status, eco-friendliness or livability.
- Site Conditions: National and local council regulations, ground conditions, climate, views, topography, access, etc.
As architects, our job is to consider all these factors, and together with you and our design team, produce an appropriate building design. We believe there is no ‘one size fits all’ solution to building design, and our designs are a direct result of your input and goals.
The architectural team at Hawthorn Geddes has experience with most building types and sizes, from residential through to major commercial, industrial and institutional developments. We can also assist with interior fit-outs and fire safety assessments, as well as building project management to ensure your build stays on the right track to a successful outcome.
Our architectural capabilities:
Hawthorn Geddes provides architectural services for the following sectors:
Our Registered Architects and draughtsmen provide professional advice and services including:
- Feasibility studies
- Resource Consent applications
- Building Consent applications
- Contract management and administration
- Detailed building design